Thursday 4 May 2017

Two Fantasy Kickstarters - Strongsword & The Legend of Fabled Realms




Westfalia Miniatures' Strongsword Kickstarter went live today (see here) and has already funded.

From the blurb, it is a 'slightly quirky but simple-to-learn set of rules' for fantasy wargames by Dan Mersey of Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant fame. They are also offering a range of great looking minis, though 'the game will work with pretty much any collection as long as there are some humans and evil short folk'.

It certainly has me interested, although I prefer my fantasy games to be more 'sword & sorcery' so the need for 'evil short folk' might put me off*. Anyway, one I'm watching...especially if I can play with the figs I already have.

*[edit] Just heard back from Westfalia that you can play anybody against anything. The humans vs evil short folk thing is only relevant for the Kobold Wars campaign included in the book. So I can use all those Frostgrave and Dragon Rampant figs. Sweet! And so I'm in!




And there is another Kickstarter due to go live in June from 4Ground...The Legends of the Fabled Realms.

The latest issue of Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy (issue 90) has a detailed article on the forthcoming game which is well worth picking up if you're interested. There is also a Facebook page here already dedicated to the game.

The Kickstarter will offer pledges for starter sets of different factions of minis that include an A5 rulebook as well as the dice, tokens and cards needed to play.

I have to say that this interests me less as it seems the rules are built around the specific factions and I much prefer rules that allow you to make up your own...so I shall probably be giving this one a miss.

All in all it seems that fantasy skirmish will be giving colonial skirmish a run for its money this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.